ASID has a clearly stated mission; this statement of intent is reviewed each year by the Board, and it is from this mission statement that all activities of the society flow.
To improve the quality of life for people with an intellectual disability.
The goals of the Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability are:
- to be an independent authority on intellectual disability issues across Australasia;
- to forge interaction between intellectual disability research, policy and practice;
- to lead the development of strategic partnerships;
- to engage and strengthen membership; and
- to ensure sound governance.