ASID 2018 Conference
S A V E T H E D A T E
14 - 16 November 2018
Gold Coast Convention Centre
The title of the Conference, ‘Let’s Shake It Up: Human Rights for Everyone’ was developed by a group of QLD self-advocates with an intellectual disability. The group also identified a number of themes that were important to them and which will be included in the conference. These included:
- The Lived Experience of People with Intellectual Disability
- Human Rights for People with Intellectual Disability
- Ending Violence, Abuse and Bullying of People with Intellectual Disability
- Independent Living and People with Intellectual Disability
- Dual Disability – Lived Experience of Mental Illness for People with Intellectual Disability
- National Disability Insurance Scheme and People with Intellectual
Are you interested in being involved in the conference?
You or your organisation could be involved in the Conference, by:
- providing sponsorship
- submitting a paper when abstracts are called for
- promoting/Advertising your organisation or service at the conference
- supporting people with an intellectual disability to attend.
If you or your organisation is not an ASID member, you may wish to consult the ASID website as membership entails conference attendance benefits.
If you are interested in being involved in conference planning or have any further questions, you can contact me anytime.
Chair, QLD Divisional Committee, Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability.